Monday, July 16, 2012

What I have been up to.

Things have been busy around here the last couple of months or so.  Here are some pics of what we have been up to.

Old picture, I know, but Dave and I celebrated our 20th anniversary and looking back at our wedding photos all I can say is "Wow!!!  We were babies!!!" lol


We are having a drought around here, and everybody, has dead lawns,  I have managed to keep most of my gardens alive and have been having a few visitors.  This hummingbird has been showing up almost everyday just after dinner.



Another one of our children graduated from Grade 8.  This time it was Amanda's turn, and she found a dress in one of her fav colors, PURPLE!!!.  Can't believe how gorgeous and grown up my baby girl is.




Dance with her father.  



And because it was our anniversary I made Dave a card.  Haven't been to the Eiffel tower yet, but perhaps someday we will be able to go there.




And another daily visitor to my container garden.


And Daniel had a couple of of Birthdays, LOL.  First celebration was at Grandma and Grandpa's.



Cool candles that have different colored flames.  How sweet is that!!!




And then another celebration on his actual birthday at home, and we have more cake!!!


Following cake he sits in the birthday person's special chair to open presents.  Not sure how this tradition got started in our house, but we always have the birthday boy or girl sit in this antique Lincoln rocker to open cards and gifts.


And Dave cleaned out the garage, and trust me it needed it badly.  The tile guys cut their tile in the garage last fall/winter and that dust was everywhere, after hosing down the garage our driveway now has a film all over it.  Hopefully it will rain tomorrow like the weather man has said it will and give our plants much needed water and wash the film off the driveway.



And I wandered around my gardens to take pictures of the flowers I have worked hard to keep alive during this drought, dead grass surrounding it all.  LOL







For the first time since I planted my Oak Leaf Hydrangea about 7 years ago, it BLOOMED!!!!  Some of the flowers.  Love it!!



And preceding this hot and dry summer was an very warm and dry winter, and as you can tell our snowblower has not been used in a very long time.  Hopefully this coming winter will bring lots of snow and we can use this puppy again.  I love to have a real Canadian winter again,  with a few good snowstorms where we can't leave the house for a day or two.  So cosy.

Can you tell its 100 degrees outside right now?  LOL


1 comment:

  1. Love all your photos. It was definitely a busy month for you.
    I can't wait to show you how to incorporate your flowers into your
    cards. We just learned how last night. It's called the Big Shot Hammer Technique. It would be cool to be able to send cards with flowers from your garden in them.
    By the way. We howled at your comment. Yes, I am a control freak's worst nightmare. lol

    ReplyDelete