Monday, January 2, 2012

Project 365 Day 1

I am starting this new blog for the Project 365 that I am doing via Picablog.  For Christmas Dave really really spoiled me with a new Canon EOS 7D and a photography course later this month to learn how to use this new fabulous camera.  And I am thinking that doing Project 365 will help me expand my photography skills over the course of the year and document my life on a daily basis.  The theme this is week is "Goodbye Holidays".  And the technique this week is the bokeh technique, which can you learn about on their blog here.  I have yet to experiment with the bokeh technique, I hope to be able to play around with my porch Christmas lights some evening this week.  Right now we have a series of lake effect snow squalls and flurries going on, might have to wait a day or two for the weather to clear.  Joys of winter in Ontario.

So, here is my Day 1 photo.  Bumblebee's head ornament that Daniel received from his godfather, Greg.  My tradition is when I take the Holiday Decorations down, I take photos of all the new tree ornaments we received over the holidays.  My hope is to do a book for each child with photos and stories behind each ornament they have.  Back to the picture, I love how the his eyes light up when you press the button to hear the sound effects. I tried to capture the glow of the eyes as best as I could. 



2 comments:

  1. I love your tradition. Those albums will be fabulous to look through. You totally captured the glow of the eyes. Looks pretty evil so I can only imagine the sound it makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bumblebee looks positively menacing! I have a Bumblebee fan in my house too.

    ReplyDelete